Tiger Lily Press member Saad Ghosn,





"SCREAM"


an exhibition of woodcuts, lithographs and mixed media constructions


at


Clay Street Press Gallery


1312 Clay Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202


513-241-3232



Opening Reception:


July 25, 2008 from 6 p.m. to ? p.m.



Exhibition runs: July 25 - Sept. 13



Gallery Hours are Final Fridays,


Saturdays 12 - 4pm


And by appointment


on the web at Clay Street Press




"My work lately has been political, using images as a vehicle for my sociopolitical views and beliefs, and as a tool towards a possible social change. My works in "Scream", generated over the past few years, reflect my discontent with our current politics and with the decaying values of our society. They denounce what I perceive as daily living violence, prevailing lies, derailing standards, eroding freedom, disappearing human rights. They aim to scream loud what I believe in, also what I find wrong, what I consider is preventing a better world, the world of justice and peace I dream of."



(woodcuts printed by Terence Hammonds, edition 30, at Clay Street Press)


Funded in part by the City of Cincinnati


Comments

Popular Posts